Update 3/14/2020 4:02pm
All Brookline programs will be cancelled from 03/14/2020 until further notice.
Update 3/12/2020 4:21pm
We have been instructed at the highest level to cancel all programs effective immediately until further notice. We will provide an update when more information becomes available.
Update 3/12/2020 12:05 pm
As news and information develops about the COVID-19 virus, we wanted to share the steps we are taking here at Viking in response to this new virus as well as the flu and other ailments that have been prominent this season.
First, we want to assure you that we are closely monitoring developments and seeking advice from the Centers for Disease Control, MA Department of Public Health, and the local Health Departments.
Currently, we are operating all Viking programs as scheduled. Should circumstances or guidelines from national, state, or local officials change that, we will let you know promptly.
Measures we are taking, as recommended, to avoid the spread of all illnesses include:
- Extra cleaning/disinfecting of surfaces and frequently touched objects, such as handles, knobs, toys, and shared equipment.
- We are encouraging all youth and adult participants to wash hands before and after class.
We ask that you assist in our efforts by:
- Remaining home if the participant or family member of the participant is ill. This includes fever and/or infectious cough.
- Not coming to classes or events until the participant or family member is fever free for 24-hours without the use of fever-reducing medications (ie: Tylenol, Motrin). Our staff will be held to the same standards.
- Reinforcing good hygiene habits including reviewing with your children the importance of covering coughs and sneezes.
- Informing us promptly of any illness or exposure in your family.
As always, the health and safety of our participants, families and our staff are our top priority. We will continue to monitor developments and make adjustments with these goals in mind. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with questions or concerns.
LeRoy and the Viking Team
Link to CDC COVID-19 info page: