Youth Basketball Clinics
Viking’s youth basketball clinics introduce players to the basic skills of dribbling, passing and shooting during the first half of the class, followed by a fun scrimmage during the second half; age adjusted rules and lower hoops are used as necessary. Emphasis is on fun and learning. All players receive a Viking Sports T-shirt. Please bring a basketball and water bottle to each class.
*Each class will try to focus on different aspects of gameplay, building players toward complete understanding of the game. Repetition and overlap with drills is expected to give all players adequate practice with basketball. Lessons may deviate from the outline below, all activities are performed at the coaches’ discretion.
- Viking Activity Center (143 Cypress St in Brookline)
- Soule Gym (652 Hammond St in Chestnut Hill)
- Gates Elementary (75 Spruce St in Acton)
- Fairbank Community Center Gym @ the Atkinson Pool (44 Fairbank Rd in Sudbury)
* Children come in, warm up and shoot around at the beginning of the session.
- ’00 – ’05: Sign in
- ’05 – ’10: Stretch/Warm up Run
- ‘10 – ’15: Basics Recap (handling ball, defense)
- ’15 – ’35: Drills & Skill Games
- ’35 – ’50: Friendly Scrimmage (if age appropriate)
Youth Basketball League
Lead your team to glory in Viking’s 3 vs. 3 Basketball League. With games starting at 6:00pm every TUESDAY, each team plays two 20 minute games each hour. This league is designed to be fun. Viking’s youth basketball league is an organized youth league located at the Viking Activity Center. Teams are created based on friend request and/or participants’ schools. Viking staff will coach the team and officiate the league. Each participant receives a Viking Sports T-shirt/Jersey to be worn for each game!
Basketball League Information
Co-ed 3rd-5th (space limited to 6 teams)
Viking Activity Center (143 Cypress St.)
5 kids max per team (3 kids + 2 subs)
- 3vs3 team play
- 3 games per hour
- 2 minute break between games
- Winner stays on
We will have school-based team placement after registration; please fill out the name of your child’s school and the names of any of their friends involved in the program, and it will help assure their placement with familiar teammates.
*Team T-shirt and Referee included