At Viking’s Brookline Soccer Camps**, we teach campers both basic and advanced techniques of soccer, including dribbling, passing, receiving and shooting. We keep it fun and lively with games like Goalie Wars, Dynasty, and 4-way Soccer. All Viking Brookline Youth Soccer Camps conclude with the Viking World Cup! All Viking campers will receive a Viking T-shirt and trophy.
**Due to the social distancing guidelines that are currently in place, our sport specific camps will not include scrimmages or other close-contact games. A majority of this camp’s activities will have an emphasis on skill development, conditioning, and games that comply with social distancing guidelines. As we get closer to the start of camp, these guidelines may loosen allowing for more close contact games, but in the meantime, we are preparing for this camp to follow the social distancing guidelines currently set forth by the DPH.
- Extended Day is 8am – 6pm
- If there are TWO Extended Day groups, one group will be 8am – 5:40pm and the other group will be 8:20am – 6pm.
- Only campers who are ages 7 and older by the start of their week of camp may register for extended day.
- If you would like to add Extended Day, you can add this option on the Product Page after you click “Register Now”.
New Protocols, Procedures, and Precautions*
*the following list is a brief overview of just some of the new protocols, procedures, and precautions Viking is taking at camp in 2020. Please CLICK HERE for a full detailed list of all changes. As the summer progresses, some of these protocols may change. These changes may occur due to new guidance from the health department or we may determine better operation procedures as the camp season progresses. This is all new to us, and we hope you can bare with us, and thank you for you patience.
- Drop Off & Pick Up Times will be staggered. (i.e. Group A will get Dropped Off at 8:40am and Picked Up at 2:40pm, Group B will get Dropped Off at 9:00am and Picked Up at 3:00pm) Each Camp Group will have a six hour camp day, unless your child is in the Extended Day group.
- Drop Off and Pick Up will be done from the car. At Drop Off, a Health Care Supervisor will perform a quick screening of each camper including a temperature check with a contactless thermometer and ask a series of COVID related questions to the parent/guardian
- Only one parent/guardian can be at Drop Off and Pick Up.
- Parents and staff must sign written attestations daily regarding any household contacts with COVID-19, symptoms (e.g., fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, or diarrhea), or if they have given children medicine to lower a fever.
- All staff will go through a health screening when arriving to camp prior to any camper arrivals. Each staff member will have their temperature checked with a contactless thermometer and be asked a series of COVID related questions
- Health Checks will be taken periodically during the day
- All Health Check and Temperature Checks will be recorded and maintained on file
- All groups will be less than 12 including staff
- All staff will receive special COVID health and cleaning training
- Social Distancing will be practiced at ALL times, including activities
- Each group will have their own assigned indoor space for the entire week in the event of inclement weather or excessive heat
- Equipment will NOT be shared between groups and will be disinfected after each use
- Hand washing and hand sanitizing will be required multiple times throughout the day
- Campers must have written parent/guardian permission to use hand sanitizer
- Campers and Staff will not be able to switch groups during a week of camp
- Groups can and will NOT be combined during any camp day
- Campers must supply their own masks to be worn at Drop Off, Pick Up, and whenever moving to and from an indoor location or bathroom.
- Health Care Supervisors will wear PPE coverings and masks at Drop Off and Pick Up. Coaches will wear masks any time they are not with their group.