PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING!!!
Camp for Week #12 (9/8-9/11) is a FOUR-DAY Camp being run at the Soule Recreation Center (436 Heath St.), and while there is plenty of field space there, due to the maximum indoor capacity limitations currently in place due to the guidelines in regards to COVID, we have to limit the amount of campers registered for our Rain & Shine Camp. Rain & Shine Camp is at capacity.
SO, we are going to accept registrations for kids for week #11 with the provision that if it rains on a day (or they are calling for rain) your child will NOT be able to attend that day. We will refund you for however many days we had to cancel at the end of the week. We will only issue refunds for days that we (Viking) cancel.
If your child is already registered for this week, you are good to go, rain or shine. If they are not, but you would like to register, we hope you find this option satisfactory, and please understand that we live in New England and weather forecasts change rapidly, and while it may be beautiful one morning, if they are calling for storms later in the day, we will have to cancel camp for those children who register during this registration period. This rain policy will affect all campers registered after 3pm on August 2nd, 2020.
All weather notifications will occur by 7:30am at the latest each day. We will update our twitter account (@VikingSportsMA), our facebook account (@VikingSportsMA), our home page (www.vikingsports.com), and by email. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions.
Viking’s Brookline Multi-Sports Summer Camps** are a fun variety of sports including soccer, basketball, baseball, flag football, dodgeball, kickball, capture the flag, floor hockey, team handball, watermelon, reindeer tails, and many other sports, gym games, and camp activities. Our goal for every camper is to make sure they have the most fun ever in a safe environment. No screens. Just lots of sports, games, running around, and tons of fun! At all of our Multi-Sport Camps, the week concludes with Tournament Day! All Viking campers will receive a Viking T-shirt and trophy!
**Due to the social distancing guidelines that are currently in place, our multi-sports camps will not include any close-contact games and all of the sports, games, and activities we play at camp will comply with social distancing guidelines. As we get closer to the start of camp, these guidelines may loosen allowing for more close contact games, but in the meantime, we are preparing for this camp to follow the social distancing guidelines currently set forth by the DPH.
New Protocols, Procedures, and Precautions*
*the following list is a brief overview of just some of the new protocols, procedures, and precautions Viking is taking at camp in 2020. Please CLICK HERE for a full detailed list of all changes. As the summer progresses, some of these protocols may change. These changes may occur due to new guidance from the health department or we may determine better operation procedures as the camp season progresses. This is all new to us, and we hope you can bare with us, and thank you for you patience.
- Drop Off & Pick Up Times will be staggered. (i.e. Group A will get Dropped Off at 8:40am and Picked Up at 2:40pm, Group B will get Dropped Off at 9:00am and Picked Up at 3:00pm) Each Camp Group will have a six hour camp day, unless your child is in the Extended Day group.
- Drop Off and Pick Up will be done from the car. At Drop Off, a Health Care Supervisor will perform a quick screening of each camper including a temperature check with a contactless thermometer and ask a series of COVID related questions to the parent/guardian
- Only one parent/guardian can be at Drop Off and Pick Up.
- Parents and staff must sign written attestations daily regarding any household contacts with COVID-19, symptoms (e.g., fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, or diarrhea), or if they have given children medicine to lower a fever.
- All staff will go through a health screening when arriving to camp prior to any camper arrivals. Each staff member will have their temperature checked with a contactless thermometer and be asked a series of COVID related questions
- Health Checks will be taken periodically during the day
- All Health Check and Temperature Checks will be recorded and maintained on file
- All groups will be less than 12 including staff
- All staff will receive special COVID health and cleaning training
- Social Distancing will be practiced at ALL times, including activities
- Each group will have their own assigned indoor space for the entire week in the event of inclement weather or excessive heat
- Equipment will NOT be shared between groups and will be disinfected after each use
- Hand washing and hand sanitizing will be required multiple times throughout the day
- Campers must have written parent/guardian permission to use hand sanitizer
- Campers and Staff will not be able to switch groups during a week of camp
- Groups can and will NOT be combined during any camp day
- Campers must supply their own masks to be worn at Drop Off, Pick Up, and whenever moving to and from an indoor location or bathroom.
- Health Care Supervisors will wear PPE coverings and masks at Drop Off and Pick Up. Coaches will wear masks any time they are not with their group.